The college has fully qualified and experienced staff members and is counted among one of the best Commerce colleges in Mumbai.
The regular activities of the college include regular PTA meetings, compulsory attendance norms, activities like celebration of Hindi Divas, Marathi Divas, Talent and Hobby Exhibition and various Sports and Cultural activities, fostering the all round development of Students.
Regular elocution competitions, Debates, Mehandi and Rangoli competitions, etc are held throughout the year.
SUBJECTS OFFERED IN F.Y.J.C. & S.Y.J.C.
- Book Keeping & Accountancy
- Organisation of Commerce and Management
- Environmental Studies
- Health & Physical Education
Optional Subjects: (Any One)
- Hindi / Gujarati (Second Language)
- Mathematics & Statistics Paper I & II / Secretarial Practice
- Students who had opted for General Mathematics at S.S.C exam are not eligible for Mathematics Subject.
- Students from other than Maharashtra Board who had not opted for Mathematics subject at standard 10th are not eligible for Mathematics subject.
Tutorial lectures are conducted in language subjects and Mathematics. A class is divided into 4 batches and attendance is compulsory.
SCHEDULE AND SCHEME OF EXAMINATIONS
The tentative schedule for F.Y.J.C examination is as follows:
|Ist Unit Test||August/September||25|
|Ist Terminal Exam||October/November||50|
|IInd Unit Test||Decembere||25|
|Compulsory/Project for ECO,BK,OCM,SP & Maths|
* Oral Exams in English, Hindi and Gujarati will be of 20 marks.
* Passing Norms : Student has to secure 35% marks in all subjects for passing.
The tentative schedule for S.Y.J.C examination is as follows:
ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES (EVS) PROJECT :
Seminar/Journal (20 marks) + Project work (30 marks) in each semester.
EVS marks will be added to the Grand Total of F.Y.J.C and H.S.C examination.
HEALTH & PHYSICAL EDUCATION EXAMINATION :
100 marks (Theory and Practicals). Health & Physical Education will be graded in the Mark sheet.
Note: Passing in EVS & Physical Education is compulsory in the college as well as H.S.C Board Examination.